WHAT WE DO
- Facilitate the setting up of counselling services
- Support growth and development in any existing service
- Resource service managers in a collaborative environment
- Encourage sustainable practice
- Build on excellence and team resilience
- Provide resource materials e.g. template policies and procedures
Who is it for?
For professionals, charities, trustee boards, churches, faith groups or not-for-profit groups who want to:
- Make a difference to mental health in their local community
- Build for lasting impact and sustainable practice
- Grow and develop what they have for greater impact
If this is you, then contact us – we would love to hear from you!
How do we do this?
- Through a process of consultation meetings, shared experience, information and resources
- The provision of a starter pack containing relevant industry standard documentation if setting up
- Training on the use of the starter pack and post-setup support on an on-going basis
- Facilitating opportunities for counselling service leaders to connect and support one another
What could engaging with Restore do for you?
- Save precious time
- Ensures the setting up of a professional service
- A model that works – No need to reinvent the wheel
- Access to relevant professional resources, policies and procedures that comply with the industries’ best practices
- A support structure for long term sustainability
Core Values embedded in the Restore model
- Paid for counselling sessions
- Fair remuneration for practitioners
- Provision of student placements
- Support network for Centre Managers
- Level 4 minimum qualification for the counsellors
- Supervision of counselling practice
- Continued professional development
- Membership of professional body
These particular words from the Prophet Isaiah in The Bible, have encouraged us in our work:
“…They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendour. They will rebuild the ancient ruins and RESTORE the places long devastated…” Isaiah 61:3b-4a
Our desire is to see professional counselling services planted and sustained across the UK to enable restoration to lives devastated by mental health issues. This is especially relevant at this time when many lives have been drastically affected by Coronavirus and the lockdown. There is grief, there is loss of life and income, there is isolation and there has been unimaginable change, increasing anxiety, depression and all kinds of mental health issues. Together we can do something to help restore broken lives. We are here for you whether you are looking to set up a counselling service or you looking for support with an existing counselling service.